The committee advise ALL COMPETITORS to have their own PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE COVER
THE CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION in EACH Section A, B, C, D, & WPBR will qualify for the WELSH NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
PRIZES - 1ST £8 2nd £4 3rd £2 ENTRY FEE £3
WELSH PONY Section A - In Hand
Judging to commence at 10.00am
JUDGE- - STEWARDS Mrs D. Jones
117. Mare - with or without Foal at foot
118. Any Foal Section A (Special Trophy for Best Foal)
119. Yearling Filly/Gelding/Colt
120. 2/3 year old Filly/Gelding/Colt
121. Young Stock Championship (for prize winners in Classes 118-120) For the Perpetual Challenge Cup kindly given by Mr & Mrs Greenow
122. Stallion - 4 years old and over
124. Reserve Champion
The Emrys Griffiths Perpetual Memorial Cup will be awarded to the Champion in the
Welsh Pony Section A.
WELSH PONY Section B - In Hand
125. Mare - with or without Foal at foot
126. Any Foal Section. B
127. Yearling Filly/Gelding/Colt
128. 2/3 year old Filly/Gelding/Colt
129. Stallion - 4 years old and over
131. Reserve Champion
SPONSORS - Likes Land Rovers
WELSH PONY COB TYPE Section C. - In Hand
Judging commences at 10.00am
JUDGE - - STEWARDS Debbie & Jonathan Harrison
132. Mare - with or without Foal at foot
133. Any Foal Section. C
134. Yearling Filly/Gelding/Colt
135. 2/3 year old Filly/Gelding/Colt
136. Stallion - 4 year old and over
138. Reserve Champion
WELSH COB Section D - In Hand
JUDGE - STEWARDS &
139. Mare - with or without Foal at foot
140. Any Foal Section D
141. Yearling Filly/Gelding/Colt
142. 2/3 year old Filly/Gelding/Colt
143. Stallion - 4 year old and over
145. Reserve Champion
A Perpetual Challenge Cup kindly given by Mrs L. Price, Upper Pentrebach, Cwmdu will be awarded to the Champion Horse in the Welsh Cob Section D
SPONSORS - Mrs L. Price, Pentrebach, Cwmdu
WESLH PART BRED - In Hand
JUDGE - STEWARDS Debbie & Jonathan Harrison
146. 3 years and Under
147. 4 years and over
149. Reserve Champion
RIDING & LEADING REIN CLASSES
RIDING & LEADING REIN CLASSES FOR SECTION A & B
150. Open Lead Rein - for Reg. Welsh Section A or B Mare/Geldings 4 years & over not exceeding 122cms.
To be shown on lead rein - Riders not to have attained their 9th birthday before 1st January in current year.
151. Open First Ridden - for Reg. Welsh Section A & B Mares/Geldings 4 years and over not exceeding 128cms. Riders not to have attained their 12th birthday before the 1st January in current year.
152. Open Ridden Welsh Section A & B - for Reg. Ponies 4 years and over. Riders any age with the exception of stallion riders who must have attained their 12th birthday
A Perpetual Challenge Rose Bowl kindly given by Mr & Mrs R Perry will be awarded for the Best in the Open Lead Rein class
RIDING CLASS for SECTION C & D
153. Open Ridden Welsh Section C & D - Reg. Ponies 4 years and over. Riders any age with the exception of Stallion Riders who MUST have attained their 14th birthday
154. Open Reg. Welsh Part Bred - Ridden Reg. Ponies 4 years and over. Riders any age with the excpetion of stallion riders who MUST have attained their 14th birthday
A Perpetual Challenge Cup kindly given by Mr and Mrs C. Cridland
155. Best turned out horse and rider
156. Best coloured horse or pony
157. Best Shetland Pony - Open
Classes 158-160 DON NOT qualify for the Overall Supreme Championship
158. Mounted fancy dress - to be judged by the president
159. Young Handler - pony to be shown in hand and judged only on showing ability, open to all children 10 years and
160. Young handler - pony to be shown in hand and judged only on showing ability open to all children 11-16 years.
SPONSOR - Ivor Duggan and Sons, Glasbury
OVERALL SUPREME CHAMPIONSHIP in the PONY SECTION
161. Overall Supreme Champion
A Perpetual Challenge Cup kindly given by Mrs L. Price in memory of Peggy Evans will be awarded to the overall supreme champion.
PRIZE MONEY £25
Rules and Regulations
The show committee shall not be responsible for any accident to exhibitor, spectator, competitor or exhibit.
The judges decision is final.
The committee reserve the right to accept or refuse entry.
The cups and trophies awarded shall remain the property of Cwmdu Show whilst in the possession of a winning exhibitor. The winning exhibitor shall RETURN the cup in good condition by 1st July the following year.Failure to return a cup/trophy will result in an invoice payable to the value of the non returned cup/trophy. Failure to make this payment will result in further action taken by Cwmdu Show Committee.
All objections to be lodged with the Show Secretary not later than 30 minutes after the end of the class with a deposit of £1.00 to be returned if the objection is upheld.
Livestock exhibitors must have been in possession of the exhibit for at least 3 months.
HORSE TO BE ON THE FIELD BY 9.30am FOR JUDGING TO COMMENCE AT 10.00am
All other livestock and agriculture exhibits to be on the show ground by 12 noon. Judging of all live stock other than ponies to commence at 12.30pm.
NO EXHIBIT or LIVESTOCK to be removed from the show ground until 4.30pm.
Members may either be ordinary members or vice-presidents.
A) An ordinary member will pay membership fee of £3, which will entitle the member to one free entry ticket to the show.
B) A Vice-president will pay a membership of £8 which will entitle the member to two free tickets to the show.
C) Members and vice-presidents have one vote at the Annual General Meeting.
11. All entries must have been made or grown by the
12. No person shall show more than one entry in the same
13. Entry forms for exhibits other than horses to be
Received no later than the Wednesday prior the show.
14. All entries apart from agriculture to be staged by 12
noon. Doors open at 8.00am on show day. Judging to
commence at 12.15pm.